Friday, November 24, 2006

Yes, I am a dickhead

Ever had a day where you wished it was raining or you did not get out of bed?

Today was that day. I won;t bother with the details of the task other than to say it was four tasks and I missed them all. A bad launch site choice has me wast way too much time trying to get on track. By the time I arrived at the first goal it was all changing and we never recovered from there.

The next goal was 3500m followed by about 400m and then the absolute gem for the morning, flew withing 20m of my last goal only to climb a little to much and end up dropping at a bout 90 or 100m. Great stuff.

Anyhow, despite all that, the weather is still great and we have three more flights to do. The wind shear this morning taught me a few new aerobatic tricks and we did not damage anything. The crew are all still laughing and we are officially team gomi (rubbish in Japanese).

The most disappointing thing about today was that Paul took off with me. He is placed really well and had a similar flight and results to mine. From my position it is not such a problem but for him today will be devastating. I hope he can get the points back.

Lets see if I can remember to fly by the afternoon...