Thursday, November 02, 2006

Morning flight video

Just uploaded a new video from this mornings flight to Youtube. It is very short as I was a bit busy in the competition.

The flight was a PDG, JDG and FON - in english that is pilot declared goal, judge declared goal and fly on tasks. Basicaly we all launched from the same spot and had to fly to a goal we chose (declared) before launch. This had to be between 4 and 6 kilometers form the launch point.

We then had to go onto a goal declared by the officials (the JDG) and before arriving at that had to declare our goal for the fly on task.

The winds were a bit fickle so it was hard work today but I got 12.6m on the PDG which will get some high points - somewhere around 900 to 950 out of 1000 I hope. The JDG was missed by most people and I am mid field with about 1100m. During the Fly on everything changed again so I only got 123m for it. I have no idea if that is good or bad yet, it will depend on how many people got caught out.

I am going to try and get a bit more expanation as to what I am doing into a few more videos so keep tuned to see what it is all about.