Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Climate change

Now I am confused.

I just found a link to this story on Slashdot. Like many people, I have been watching with interest as the global warming debate heats up. The failure of our government to sign kyoto is as embarrassing as it bewildering in a country that struggles with drought and feels poised to suffer greatly from climate change.

As always I am in the middle of three books, two of which are tied to this post. Tim Flannery's "The weather makers", obviously about climate change and Peter F Hamilton's Sci-Fi "The Nano Flower, based in a post climate changed world.

So then this article comes out and I don't know what to think. I know I don't trust the media implicitly and I won't even comment on government right now but what the? Have a read and get another view on this interesting subject.

Personally, no matter if we are causing it or it is part of a natural cycle, we still need to make changes to the way we treat this planet.