Friday, November 03, 2006

Saga Flight #4 – 3rd of November AM

What a nice morning! The wind direction did not give the director much room to set tasks today as we were flying south east towards the Ariake Sea and the Saga airport CTA.

Only two tasks were called, Pilot declared goal and Fly on. It was also a solo task to put pressure on those pilots who normally fly with a navigator. Fortunately I can still take my trusty Tablet so navigations is not an issue.

The winds required us to climb out to about 1200ft to get the correct track. With lots of available steerage it was probably the easiest flight to plan that I have had in a while.

The approach over the PDG was nice and low level and a 4.27m drop should get some points.

I got an unlucky change in the surface wind on the Fly on and drifted out to 52.8m which will not be so good in these conditions. I have already heard some good results.

The new camera got a big work out so the photos are available on Flickr.

I am feeling very relaxed with the flying and the new balloon is great! All I need is my Tem chan on the ground and everything would be perfect. My local crew guy Yosh is being worked very hard and is very excited that we are at the correct end of the results.

Paul and I are working very well together and the flow of information is really working well between us. I hope we can keep it up in Motegi as it really helps push us both forwards. I think Paul was about 35m and 19m on his two tasks this morning.

My crew for the morning, Yoshiko has a family restaurant which we will probably eat at for lunch. Always nice to eat at a real traditional Japanese restaurant rather than the Dennys inspired fast food.