Saturday, November 25, 2006

Last morning flight

The last morning flight in Motegi has been flown. It was a PDG, JDG, JDG and FON.

Finally the weather was typical for the area with light winds and lots of challenges. The PDG caught many people out and I am happy with my 19.15m drop. There were better drops but it looked like some long ones too.

The first JDG was hard to get to and I think more than half of the field slipped off to the east of the target as the winds changed. As such my drop of about 7m felt very good.

The next JDG was next to impossible as the winds continued to turn and only a hand full of the early balloons got with in a bulls roar of it. Even at 1.9km I may do ok in points.

The FON was hard work as remaining fuel and a big change in direction forced a goal selection back in the direction we had come from. In the need I got within 1km before taking a safe landing away from the forest.

Fingers crossed for two tasks this afternoon at Haga.