Friday, November 03, 2006

Oops I did it again..

Ok, I am not sure how this happens. I went out to get some dinner and ended up in a new electronics store just opening in Saga. It is a huge chain store called DeoDEO.

These places are giant and have everything from light bulbs and heated toilet seats to every digital toy you ever dreamed of.

My dream has been for a digital SLR of the Canon variety. I have been trying to find a way to get the right price/justify one for some time and Japan in the past has been great for cheap digital cameras -especially recently superseded models.

I had looked at the 350D (known as the Kiss Digital N in Japan) as it had just been superseded by the 400D. Unfortunately every price I had found was no better than in Australia at over $1100 AUD. The Canon RRP is $1499. In short, a lot of $$$$

Until tonight at this new shop. Sitting on the SALE bench were 5 brand bew 350D's with the lens kit at the equivalent of AUD740.00

You can't even find them second hand on ebay for that!

So did I buy one? What do you think...