Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Worlds Day 4.0

The wrap up from yesterday afternoon was that I clawed a few places back to 17th. Paul is now a few places in front of me and I really need to be doing better.

The weather this morning was fantastic, my skills were not. 5 tasks were called with the flight to be done solo and with observers to follow on the ground. A real pain the neck as I need the extra weight in my basket and having an observer on board to observe drops can really help.

The tasks were PDG, JDG, FON, JDG, FON. The PDG will be about 100m, the JDG I messed up badly and was on the wrong side of the river. To add to the result, the marker tail was in the water and dragged the marker into the river. A marker on the river is a no result so I have no idea how this will score at this time.

The first FON I finally got a result at 3m then missed the next JDG by about 100m before stuffing up the last FON with a result of 42m.

It was not a good day at all and will really hurt my scores.

Time to sign the observer sheet and get some lunch, try and get a few points back this afternoon.