Sunday, November 05, 2006

Saga - 5th of November Pre-flight

So today is the big day.

The results are up to date and I have had a spectacular fall from great heights. Currently I am in 11th place and really need to do well today to have any chance of climbing up a few more places.

As I half expected with the top end so crowded and close on points, the poor PDG yesterday and missing the fly in were enough to wipe me out.

The key Japanese pilots made it into both last nights fly in and yesterday mornings so they have streaked ahead.The good news is that given good results this morning I can still get back into the money.

4th place is only 481 points away which is achievable in three tasks with some luck. The top three are from 713 to 1238 points away which given the pilots holding the places are not very
likely to slip up enough to catch.

Paul is now only 66 points behind me so the chase is on.

Wish me luck and don't worry - this is still only fun. Motegi is the real goal.