Saturday, July 07, 2007

The road to Benalla

We have arrived and the whole team is here and ready to go.

The trip down was a day later than originally planned but poor weather down here would have prevented any practice flying so a more relaxed departure was easier all around. As happens when driving for about eight hours by myself, I get bored. This photo was a small self entertainment challenge I set myself to show off some of the gadgets set up in the retrieve car.

It was poring rain most of last night so we opted for a sleep in – I am glad we didn't bother getting up, it is grey and windy with water everywhere!.

An amazing thing is how green everything is. It has become the norm that from just south of Sydney, all the fields quickly turn to golden brown grass and sun bleached dirt. Now there is green green grass as far as they eye can see. It is like another country.