Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Busy few weeks..

Well the count down is now on. It is almost my last day at work before the drive to Benalla for the National championship. I have just got back form probably my last night of dancing for a week or two which is a little sad. To all my dancing friends, have fun at the ball!

With some luck I will be on the road on Thursday and in Benalla for a few days of relaxation and preparation for the event. I could tell you all what I will be doing but that may be giving away secrets on the eve of the title defense!

What I can say is that I have a fantastic sponsor to add to my already fantastic self sponsorship - Motion Computing have come on board with a LE1600 tablet PC. More on this little beast in another post but suffice to say that is without a doubt the best dedicated tablet PC I have seen (other than the slightly newer LE1700) and I can't wait to use it in competition.

As if all that was not exciting enough, I have also locked in to do the Audi Sydney to Gold Coast yacht race a few weeks after the Nationals. Last weekend we had a day of maintenance, training and the final part of the Category 1 inspection on Namadgi to do. It was a great chance to meet the rest of the crew and go though some of the emergency stuff like setting tri-sails and storm jibs.

I have also just had confirmation of my entry for the 2007 Tochigi HAB International Championship in Japan. This is basically the Motegi event that I love so much. I think I will also get a confirmation for Saga in the near future too which will be great.

So there we have it. Never a dull moment.

I believe I will have access to the net from my little cabin in Benalla so watch this space for updates on the competition as it unfolds. Things won't really get started until next Monday but I should be able to set the scene once I arrive and start setting up.