Friday, July 13, 2007

All over red rover..

The last flight has been cancelled due to high winds. The means that the flight this morning was it for the 2007 National Championship.

Looks like I am off to Austria in 2008!

I managed to pull in the points on Edwin and have unofficially finished in 2nd place about 230 points ahead of him. Paul pulled a few more points out on me as expected with a good morning and finished in first place.

It has been a fantastic week if not a little too short for my liking. Four days of competition is just enough to get warmed up, six days would be perfect.

Am I happy, to be honest not really. I never come to these things to come second. Losing the title after four years feels a bit sad too. We had a good number of challenges to over come and in the end to get past those and still hang in the top three should make me happy. Ask me in a weeks time I suppose.

Paul is a fantastic competitor and it was his week. Well done to him and his team - we are always pushing each other and that is half the fun, knowing we can't give each other an inch and this if we do then the game is over.