Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cows that love you too much..

Another funny story from this morning. I got molested by a cow! I have met lots of cows while ballooning and I really think they are cute in the way that only a bovine can get away with - it is all in the eyes. It is a little perverse to think that dinner is cute but there you go, I love my food.

Anyway, while measuring a marker today I got visited by a young steer that was obviously used to people or so young that he did not recognize me as the man who ate his mum at the pub last night.

Normally no matter how much I have wanted to pat the nice cows, they have smelt the HP special steak sauce on my shirt and run a mile. This little dude came right up and licked me, used me as a scratching post and followed me around the field like a long lost friend.

It was great, I got to pat a young cow and yes they are a soft and fluffy as they look. With my cow encounter complete, I don't have to visit the petting zoo at the easter show next year.