Friday, January 05, 2007

Sky Orchestra

After a huge four days back at work, running around sorting out a blown up phone system and re-organisation of our IT infrastructure it is now time to do some flying if the weather will let us.

Over the next few days (Jan 6th through to the 12th) I will be one of a number of balloons blasting western Sydney with music from above in what is know as the Sky Orchestra.

This is one of the Sydney festival events and is an artwork by Luke Jerram and Dan Jones. The idea is that each balloon will be playing a section of the orchestral piece from loudspeakers hooked up to an MP3 player.

The web page of Luke Jerram also has more info about the whole thing.

The master briefing is later today so I will get more details then as to how it is all going to actually work on the day but it should be fun. The aim will be to stay close together and I suppose hope that the burners don't drown out the music!!

Anyhow, with some luck we will be done by 9am or so and I can get back to work and still be productive for the rest of the day.

I have just spent the last few hours updating all my digital maps for Oziexplorer so I can fly along with the computer knowing where I am, even if I don't. Always a nice thing to have, especially for city flights with airspace challenges.