Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sky Orchestra 2

Art is an interesting thing. To be in the company of people with a vision and the conviction to stand behind it is always enlightening and fun. Sky Orchestra has been one of those nice chances to participate and feel part of the process.

When I put up my first post about it I had read about it and had a concept of what we were expected to do. In reality I had no idea what it would really be like. So far we have had two flights including a very successful first day with the media all in tow as we cruised from Parramatta Park down to the south across the west of Sydney.

The music is surreal and really is just the sort of thing I could imagine messing with your dreams as intended. It is sure messing with our heads while flying! This morning I was over the top of a large apartment block when Patrick Stewart's voice started booming out bits of Shakespeare - I found myself giggling at the thought of lying in bed trying to figure out where the hell it was coming from.

Luke and Dan are really down to earth guys and are loving the opportunity this work has given them. Among the pilots there is a real drive to make it all work the best we can.

As we launched today we all hung together, bobbing up an down like the blobs of goo in a lava lamp for the full length of the field while a hundred or more spectators walked along underneath looking totaly gob smacked! They really looked like slack jawed zombies compelled to follow. Every now and then there would be a body just laying down on the grass, looking up or taking photos. Really great fun.

The flight has been canceled for Monday morning so it is off to work for me but the weather should improve leaving us with another three flights if all goes to plan.